The wait was longer than usual, but this weekend the World Taekwondo released publicly and actively the ranking for the divisions of the freestyle over 17 years female and male.
This ranking will grant several benefits to the athletes positioned in it, such as the possibility of being seeded in important events and the possible invitation to Grand Prix events when the Poomsae is included.
Top 10 of the current listings
Female over 17 years old Freestyle
1. Anastasiia SUMENKOVA – Russia
2. Eva SANDERSEN – Denmark
3. Adalis MUNOZ – USA
4. Janna Dominique OLIVA – Philippines
5. YEOWON GWAK – Korea
6. Fatemeh SOTOUDEH – Iran
7. HAEUN JUNG – Korea
8. Alejandra Higueros – Guatemala
9. GULSENA KARAKUYULU – Turkey
10. Michelle LEE – Canada
Male over 17 years old Freestyle
1. NamHoon LEE – Korea
2. Andreas Bregnballe SØRENSEN – Denmark
3. Justin Kobe MACARIO – Philippines
4. Borna PECKO – Croatia
5. Darius VENERABLE – Philippines
6. Morteza ZENDEHDEL KOMISHANI – Iran
7. Aykut TASGIN – Turkey
8. ELIAN ORTEGA VELASQUEZ – Nicaragua
9. Kyusung YUN – Korea
10. João Miguel SANTOS – Portugal
The activation of the ranking and the modality of recognized and freestyle, are factors and divisions that could debut in the Olympic Games with attractive shows, with which, at a logistical level, the mentioned list becomes a fundamental step.
This ranking will henceforth affect the events sanctioned by WT for the athletes who participate in them, which from now on gives the green light for the search of a better positioning in World Championships and for many MNAs, for the events that are part of the Olympic circuit.